It’s Game Day Steeler Nation! Is this the day the Steelers turn it around? Here’s what’s being said about your Pittsburgh Steelers around the block.
Roethlisberger anxious to get back on track
Ralph Paulk of the Trib discusses how Ben Roethlisberger is anxious to make up for the mistakes he’s made so far this season that have helped led to the team’s 0-4 start. While the past few weeks have been nonstop coverage on whom or what is to blame for the Steelers worst start in 45 years, Ben Roethlisberger is willing to shoulder the responsibility.
“I’ll take it upon myself because that’s my role as a quarterback and as a guy who has been here 10 years. As a captain, I’ll take the blame. I’ll try to get the guys going and lead by example.” – Ben Roethlisberger
Hmm. Maybe the defensive team captain might want to think about shouldering some blame too.
Antonio Cromartie expected to play for Jets
Per Marc Sessler of NFL’s Around the League the Jets will expect to have Pro Bowl CB Antonio Cromartie on the field for this afternoon’s game. Cromartie injured his knee in Thursday’s practice and hasn’t yet tested his knee at full-speed. He expects to do that for the first time Sunday morning and then make the final decision on whether he can go. Since the Jets traded former Pitt CB Darrell Revis away to Tampa Bay this offseason Cromartie was bumped up to the top CB on the team. If he can’t go for Jets it could be good news for the Steelers. If he goes and he’s hobbled, it’s also a good thing.
Steelers – Jets by the numbers
ESPN’s Scott Brown breaks down the Steelers vs. Jets matchup in terms of numbers. Here’s a rundown of some of the noteworthy numbers to keep in mind for the game:
- 0 The number of turnovers Jets QB Geno Smith committed Monday night in the Jet’s 30-28 win over Atlanta. Also the number of turnovers the Steelers defense has gotten so far, but we already knew that.
- 11 The amount of turnovers Jets QB Geno Smith committed prior to their last game Monday night
- 16 Times the Steelers defense has beaten a rookie quarterback in 18 games since Dick LeBeau took over in 2004
- 76.2 Rushing yards the Jets have allowed per game so far this season
- 299 Total yards allowed by the Jets defense per game this season
Today the only numbers that will really matter is the final score. Here’s hoping it’s finally in the Steelers favor today. Here we go Steelers, Here we go!