The Pittsburgh Steelers are back off of the mat after their 0-4 start, and they are looking to improve their 2013 regular season record to 3-4 today. For you “21 and over” fans who would like to partake in our weekly drinking game, take a sip, swig, or even a hearty chug of your adult beverage if and when the following things listed below happen:
- Every time Ben Roethlisberger or Terrelle Pryor are sacked due to the play of their makeshift offensive lines.
- Every time “Big Ben” or Pryor escapes a sack and makes a positive play down the field.
- Every time Antonio Brown pulls his bush league garbage of pointing the with the ball after a pedestrian first down.
- Every time Brown calls for a fair catch on a punt return when there is not a defender within five yards of him.
- After every “three and out” by Pittsburgh’s offense. (Take a shot if they are inside their own 20 yard line)
- After every Shaun Suisham field goal. (Take a shot if it is under 30 yards and the offense was bogged down in the red zone)
- Any time the defense gives up points in the final two minutes of each half. (Take a shot for each point allowed if you’d like.)
- Every time Ryan Clark misses a tackle or takes a poor angle to the ball, ball-carrier, or opposing pass-catcher.
- After every turnover-less and sack-less quarter put up by Pittsburgh’s defense.
- Every time Zoltan Mesko boots a “junior varsity” punt. (Take a shot if it travels less than 40 yards.)
- Every time you see someone in a ridiculous costume in the “Black Hole” at the stadium.
- BONUS ROUND, POST-GAME PRESSER: Take a shot every time Mike Tomlin uses the word “obvious” or “obviously.”
As I say every week, those of you participating can amend the rules as you see fit, especially if you are looking to drink responsibly or the game itself is too close for comfort. The Steelers have had issues playing out West in recent seasons, so a little booze could provide some calm.
So have fun today, be responsible, and try to stay as positive as possible that Pittsburgh will improve their record to 3-4.
Like “NPC” on Facebook: Nice Pick, Cowher