At 2-5, the Pittsburgh Steelers are “circling the bowl” with nine games left on their 2013 regular season schedule. Their humiliating loss to Oakland last weekend all but dashed their postseason hopes, and now they have to travel to New England for what is sure to be another tally in the “Loss” column.
For you “21 and over” fans who would like to partake in our weekly drinking game, take a sip, swig, or even a hearty chug of your adult beverage if and when the following things listed below happen:
- Every time Ben Roethlisberger is sacked due to the play of their makeshift offensive lines.
- Every time “Big Ben” escapes a sack and makes a positive play down the field.
- Every time Antonio Brown pulls his bush league garbage of pointing the with the ball after a pedestrian first down. (Take a shot if a drop leads to a turnover)
- Every time Brown calls for a fair catch on a punt return when there is not a defender within five yards of him.
- After every “three and out” by Pittsburgh’s offense. (Take a shot if they are inside their own 20 yard line)
- After every Shaun Suisham field goal attempt. (Take a shot if it is under 30 yards and the offense was bogged down in the red zone)
- Any time the defense gives up points in the final two minutes of each half. (Take a shot for each point allowed if you’d like.)
- Every time Ryan Clark misses a tackle or takes a poor angle to the ball, ball-carrier, or opposing pass-catcher. (Take a shot if the commentators mention his offseason “analysis” of Tom Brady & the Patriots)
- Every time backup right tackle Marcus Cannon stonewalls LaMarr Woodley.
- After every turnover-less and sack-less quarter put up by Pittsburgh’s defense.
- Every time Mat McBriar boots a “junior varsity” punt like Zoltan Mesko. (Take a shot if it travels less than 40 yards.)
- Every time you wish that the coaching staff would play the rookies and bench the ineffective veterans.
- BONUS ROUND, POST-GAME PRESSER: Take a shot every time Mike Tomlin uses the word “obvious” or “obviously.”
As I say every week, those of you participating can amend the rules as you see fit, especially if you are looking to drink responsibly or the game itself is too close for comfort. The Steelers have never defeated Tom Brady in Foxborough, so it might be a good idea to scale back a bit today when the team performs poorly.
So have fun today, be responsible, and try to stay as positive as possible that Pittsburgh will improve their record to 3-5.
Like “NPC” on Facebook: Nice Pick, Cowher