At 3-6, the Pittsburgh Steelers are not technically “finished,” but they will almost certainly need to win their final seven games to qualify for postseason play to either win their division or the final Wild Card spot.
For you “21 and over” fans who would like to partake in our weekly drinking game, take a sip, swig, or even a hearty chug of your adult beverage if and when the following things listed below happen:
- Every time Ben Roethlisberger is sacked due to the play of the makeshift offensive line.
- Every time “Big Ben” escapes a sack and makes a positive play down the field.
- Every time Antonio Brown pulls his bush league garbage of pointing the with the ball after a pedestrian first down. (Take a shot if a drop leads to a turnover.)
- Every time you wish that Pittsburgh’s brass drafted Eddie Lacy over Le’Veon Bell.
- Every time Brown calls for a fair catch on a punt return when there is not a defender within five yards of him.
- After every “three and out” by Pittsburgh’s offense. (Take a shot if they are inside their own 20 yard line)
- Whenever the offense turns the ball over. (Take a shot if it’s inside the opponent’s red zone)
- After every Shaun Suisham field goal attempt. (Take a shot if it is under 30 yards and the offense was bogged down in the red zone)
- Any time the defense gives up points in the final two minutes of each half. (Take a shot for each point allowed if you’d like.)
- Whenever Calvin “Megatron” Johnson absolutely tools Ike Taylor.
- Every time a member of the secondary cannot haul in a pass which hits them in the hands.
- Every time Ryan Clark misses a tackle or takes a poor angle to the ball, ball-carrier, or opposing pass-catcher.
- Every time Detroit’s rookie right tackle LaAdrian Waddle stonewalls LaMarr Woodley in pass-protection.
- After every turnover-less and sack-less quarter put up by Pittsburgh’s defense.
- Whenever you remember that Jarvis Jones has the same amount of professional sacks under his belt (one) as Subway commercials.
- Whenever you wish that Pittsburgh’s brass took Tyler Eifert, DeAndre Hopkins, or Alec Ogletree over Jones in April’s draft.
- Every time Mat McBriar boots a “junior varsity” punt like Zoltan Mesko. (Take a shot if it travels less than 40 yards.)
- Every time you wish that the coaching staff would play the rookies and bench the ineffective veterans.
- BONUS ROUND, POST-GAME PRESSER: Take a shot every time Mike Tomlin uses the word “obvious” or “obviously.”
As I say every week, those of you participating can amend the rules as you see fit, especially if you are looking to drink responsibly or the game itself is too close for comfort.Thus, drinking heavily could come in handy for some of you.
So have fun today, be responsible, and try to stay as positive as possible that the Steelers will improve their record to 4-6.
Like “NPC” on Facebook: Nice Pick, Cowher