At 5-6, the Pittsburgh Steelers somehow still have a heartbeat when it comes to them qualifying for the postseason. The Steelers cannot afford to drop any of their remaining five games however, and losing to any of their division rivals or AFC foes will likely crush their postseason dreams. Thus, winning tonight’s game against the Baltimore Ravens will be of the utmost importance.
For you “21 and over” fans who would like to partake in “NPC’s” weekly drinking game, take a sip, swig, or even a hearty chug of your adult beverage if and when the following things listed below happen:
- Every time Ben Roethlisberger is sacked due to the play of the makeshift offensive line.
- Every time “Big Ben” escapes a sack and makes a positive play down the field.
- Every time you wish that Pittsburgh’s brass drafted Eddie Lacy over Le’Veon Bell.
- Whenever Bell is stopped for no gain or a negative play on the ground.
- Every time Antonio Brown calls for a fair catch on a punt return when there is not a defender within five yards of him.
- After every Shaun Suisham field goal attempt. (Take a shot if it is under 30 yards and the offense was bogged down in the red zone)
- Whenever you wonder whether or not Joe Flacco is the love-child of Bert from Sesame Street and Borat Sagdiyev.
- Any time the defense gives up points in the final two minutes of each half. (Take a shot for each point allowed if you’d like.)
- Whenever Torrey Smith absolutely tools Ike Taylor.
- Every time a member of the secondary cannot haul in a pass which hits them in the hands.
- Every time Ryan Clark misses a tackle or takes a poor angle to the ball, ball-carrier, or opposing pass-catcher.
- Whenever you think that LaMarr Woodley sat out the game so he could eat and expand his waistline.
- Whenever the camera pans to Woodley on the sideline and you swear you can hear him getting fatter.
- After every turnover-less and sack-less quarter put up by Pittsburgh’s defense.
- Whenever you remember that Jarvis Jones has the same amount of professional sacks under his belt (one) as Subway commercials.
- Whenever you wish that Pittsburgh’s brass took Tyler Eifert, DeAndre Hopkins, or Alec Ogletree over Jones in April’s draft.
- Every time Mat McBriar boots a “junior varsity” punt like Zoltan Mesko. (Take a shot if it travels less than 40 yards.)
- Every time you wish that the coaching staff would play the rookies and bench the ineffective veterans.
- BONUS ROUND, POST-GAME PRESSER: Take a shot every time Mike Tomlin uses the word “obvious” or “obviously.”
As I say every week, those of you participating in the drinking game can amend the rules as you see fit, especially if you are looking to drink responsibly or the game itself is too close for comfort. Thus, drinking heavily could come in handy for some of you if things go sour against the Ravens.
So have fun today, be responsible, and try to stay as positive as possible that the Steelers will improve their record to 6-6.
Like “NPC” on Facebook: Nice Pick, Cowher
Topics: Pittsburgh Steelers