The Pittsburgh Steelers are 5-7 and their postseason dreams were all but dashed by the Baltimore Ravens on Thanksgiving night. Although they are technically ‘alive’ when it comes to qualifying for the playoffs, they must win their remaining four games and receive large amounts of help down the stretch. Thus, winning today’s game against the Miami Dolphins will be of the utmost importance.
For you ’21 and over’ fans who would like to partake in “NPC’s” weekly drinking game, take a sip, swig, or even a hearty chug of your adult beverage if and when the following things listed below happen:
- Every time Ben Roethlisberger is sacked due to the play of the makeshift offensive line.
- Every time “Big Ben” escapes a sack and makes a positive play down the field.
- Every time you wish that Pittsburgh’s brass drafted Eddie Lacy over Le’Veon Bell.
- Whenever Bell is stopped for no gain or a negative play on the ground.
- Every time Antonio Brown calls for a fair catch on a punt return when there is not a defender within five yards of him.
- Whenever Cameron Wake or Olivier Vernon make Mike Adams look like a turnstile at left tackle.
- After every Shaun Suisham field goal attempt. (Take a shot if it is under 30 yards and the offense was bogged down in the red zone)
- Any time the defense gives up points in the final two minutes of each half. (Take a shot for each point allowed if you’d like.)
- Whenever Mike Wallace absolutely tools Ike Taylor.
- Whenever you boo Wallace for leaving Pittsburgh for Miami.
- Every time a member of the secondary cannot haul in a pass which hits them in the hands.
- Every time Ryan Clark misses a tackle or takes a poor angle to the ball, ball-carrier, or opposing pass-catcher.
- Every time Tyson Clabo dominates LaMarr Woodley at the point of attack.
- Whenever you think that Woodley would have rather sat out the game so he could eat and expand his waistline.
- Whenever the camera pans to Woodley on the sideline and you swear you can hear him getting fatter.
- After every turnover-less and sack-less quarter put up by Pittsburgh’s defense.
- Whenever you remember that Jarvis Jones has the same amount of professional sacks under his belt (one) as Subway commercials.
- Whenever you wish that Pittsburgh’s brass took Tyler Eifert, DeAndre Hopkins, or Alec Ogletree over Jones in April’s draft.
- Every time Mat McBriar boots a “junior varsity” punt like Zoltan Mesko. (Take a shot if it travels less than 40 yards.)
- Every time you wish that the coaching staff would play the rookies and bench the ineffective veterans.
- BONUS ROUND, POST-GAME PRESSER: Take a shot every time Mike Tomlin uses the word “obvious” or “obviously.”
As I say every week, those of you participating in the drinking game can amend the rules as you see fit, especially if you are looking to drink responsibly or the game itself is too close for comfort. Thus, drinking heavily could come in handy for some of you if things go sour against the Dolphins during the must-win game for both teams.
So have fun today, be responsible, and try to stay as positive as possible that the Steelers will improve their record to 6-7.
Like “NPC” on Facebook: Nice Pick, Cowher