Steelers season goes all year long so whether we’re breaking down free agency signings, recapping the draft choices, or looking around for mentions of your Black & Gold we’ve got you covered. Here’s what’s being said about your Pittsburgh Steelers around the block.
Return of Pouncey
The Steelers began their first session of OTA’s on Monday morning and with that began Maurkice Pouncey’s return to the field following his season-ending knee injury in Week 1 of last season. As Teresa Varley reports, Pouncey was just as excited to get back out on the field as his teammates were to have him there.
“It was a big step for my coaches to see it, my teammates to see it, and for me, it was pretty cool. I was able to block guys and finish on some plays. It was pretty awesome.” – Maurkice Pouncey
5 players to watch in Steelers OTA’s
ESPN’s Scott Brown gives us some players to keep an eye on for the start of OTA’s, or what Coach Tomlin calls, “Football in Shorts.”
- Markus Wheaton = The starting position opposite of Pro Bowler Antonio Brown is seemingly Wheaton’s to lose as this season starts to take shape.
- Jarvis Jones = Last year’s first round pick has a lot of improving to do, he’s got a ton of pressure to get better this season and make a meaningful impact on this team.
- Steve McLendon = We know he’s not going to be Casey Hampton or even Chris Hoke, so what kind of identity will he have on this newly rejuvenated line?
- Cortez Allen = Can Cortez establish himself as the Steelers top cornerback?
- Sean Spence = There aren’t many people not pulling for him to return after a catastrophic knee injury almost ended his career before it even began.
Ben is looking forward to LeBackfield